- literature review;
- local reports about the current paths of creative knowledge regions for each case study;
- a comparative study, resulting in classification to reveal general types of paths and provide a basis for a differentiated approach to certain groups of city regions in the subsequent empirical research.
Second stage (empirical research):
- the analysis of target group importance for each city region;
- three separate studies on certain target groups, based on questionnaires, surveys and interviews (graduates and workers, managers, transnational migrants);
- discussion of results among the partners and between the partners and their local partnerships (LOP).
Third stage (synthesis):
- synthesis of results for each case-study;
- comparative study across cases;
- existing policies and strategies;
- policy recommendations, considering different paths and based on good practices;
- dissemination of results